ATTENTION: Incoming Fall 2018 Undergraduate and Graduate Students
The invitation link to begin the Think About It online course was sent on TUE, July 31st. Deadline to complete the course is MON, October 8th, 2018 at 11:59PM.
Note: External links will open in a new tab.
Think About It, by Campus Clarity, is a web-based sexual assault prevention and alcohol abuse awareness program. This program will help students make informed decisions regarding alcohol use, empower students to intervene and prevent sexual violence, and give students the tools to address to peers' risky behavior. Think About It will provide students with the information they need to navigate affirmative consent, healthy relationships, and effective communication.
Every incoming student is required to complete Think About It course. We recognize that the material covered in the online course may be distressing for some students. If you would like additional support around these issues, please contact The SAFE Place or the Counseling and Psychological Services Center.
Students who do not complete the training by the deadline [specified in the email(s)] will have a Campus Clarity hold placed on their account. To get the hold removed, students must complete the online training. Once completed, the holds will be removed within two business days. For further questions, contact email@example.com.
To access the training:
Search your SFSU e-mail account for an e-mail from Campus Clarity. Within this e-mail you will find a link at the bottom that will allow you to access the training.
- Go to http://campusclarity.com
- Click the “Login to Training” button in the top right corner
- Enter your SFSU e-mail address
- Follow the instructions for creating an account
- Complete your assigned course
Continuing Students Seeking Expedited Removal of Campus Clarity HOLD
To get an expedited HOLD removal, please complete your assigned course. Once completed, please bring your certificate of completion (printed or PDF copy) to the Registrar’s Office located at One Stop Student Services Center, Student Services Building (SSB) during these hours:
Special Hours (Fall 2018 Aug. 20 to Sept. 7): Monday to Friday 8AM to 5:30PM or
Regular Hours: Monday to Friday 9AM to 5PM
Do I need to complete this program?
Yes. This is a requirement set by the Chancellor's office for all new incoming freshmen, transfer students, graduate students, College of Extended Learning students and international students. It is part of the university's efforts to address issues regarding sexual violence, alcohol, and other drugs that are relevant to college campuses.
Does this cost money?
No. There are no additional fees/cost for this online training.
I am having technical difficulties with the online training. What do I do?
Here are a couple troubleshooting recommendations:
• Quit the browser your are using and restart it to see if that makes a difference
• Try a different browser (i.e. Firefox, Chrome, etc.) as the online module may be more efficient on those. Also, make sure that the version of your browser is most up to date.
• If you're currently working on the course and are still experiencing technical issues (ex. audio, video, slideshow, etc.), please contact Campus Clarity's Online Support Center (open 24/7) at: support.campusclarity.com or call 1-844-348-1616.
Why isn't it just informational?
Think About It was developed based on best practices in the fields of education and sexual violence. This approach is interactive so that students will have an opportunity to simulate/observe situations where this information is relevant. Students have commented that information banking of content was "boring" and did not provide an engaging experience in learning.
I've taken this course in another university. Do I need to do this again?
Yes. Per university policy, all new incoming SF State students are required to complete the Think About It course specific to our university. While some of the content may be similar to what you have already completed, the one you are required to complete includes information specific to our SF State campus policies and procedures.
I am reentering the University, but I've already taken this training as a student in the past. Do I need to do this again?
Yes. Per our university policy, all new incoming SF State students are required to complete the mandatory Think About It . You are considered an incoming student if you are:
- reentering the University after taking one or more semesters off;
- coming in as a new student for a different program/credential after obtaining a previous degree (undergraduate, graduate, etc.)
- withdrew from the University in the past and are now returning to continue your education
- If you are unsure of your student status, or have more questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are there any alternatives for this online training?
To arrange an alternative training, please contact email@example.com and enter "Request for Alternate Training" in the subject line.
I’ve gone through the whole training, but it doesn’t show that I’ve fully completed the training. What do I do?
Here are a couple troubleshooting recommendations:
• This may be a browser issue. Some browsers may save your activity via cookies or history. If you clear your cookies and history, or utilize a private browsing window, that may solve your problem.
• If it is still not working, please contact the Campus Clarity Tech Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-652-9546 for additional guidance.
How do I provide feedback for my experience?
We appreciate and value your feedback, as it will help in improving the experience for future students. Feel free to email email@example.com and enter "Feedback: Think About It" in the subject line to provide any feedback on your experience.
What if I missed my deadline?
Missing the deadline will result in the Office of Student Conduct contacting you and notifying you of any resulting consequences. This can result in a registration hold for the following semester.