The Turn Up! Initiative was created to encourage healthy decision-making around partying and drinking using a harm-reduction model. This initiative includes interactive workshops and outreach tabling, substance-free social events, and educational material inventory for your classes, groups, organizations, or to share with your friends, family, or loved ones. For more information on how you can get involved in the Turn Up! Initiative, contact email@example.com.
Turn Up! Late Night Events
Turn Up! Late Night Events were created to offer students a place to hang out on a Thursday or Friday night as an alternative to partying or drinking. We provide game nights, movie nights, art nights, and trivia nights in collaboration with partners such as Residential Life, Campus Recreation, and Associated Students,
Turn Up! Workshop Series
What is the party culture like at SF State? The Turn Up! Workshop series examines the party culture from a holistic lens and offers guidance to students on how to make their party culture more healthy, safe, and inclusive.
- Turn Up! 101 - Alcohol and Safety Basics
- How to Help a Friend if Friday Night Gets Too Cray - Mental Health & RX Drug Emergencies
- House Rules: Party Throwing Tips - Hook Up Culture & Inclusive Party Planning
- Get Woke: Sex, Drugs, and Violence - Sexual Violence Prevention & Drug Use
To order a workshop for your class or club please visit our Request a Workshop page.
- Safe Spring Break - Safe Spring Break is held in collaboration with Residential Life to encourage healthy behaviors during spring break.
- Alcohol Awareness Week - Alcohol Awareness Week provides information, resources, and support to individuals who struggle with substance-use disorder and their loved ones.
To find out more about when these events may be happening, check out our Events and Workshops page!
Substance-Free Event Planning Advising
Do you want to throw a substance-free event on campus but don't know where to start? Contact Emily Hops, Health Educator (Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs) at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation.