Note: External links will open in a new tab.
Get involved to help create community, raise awareness, and empower others and yourself.
Active Minds is a student organization on campus that aims to:
- Increase awareness of mental health and mental health illness
- Provide information and resources regarding mental health and mental illness
- Encourage students to seek help as soon as it is needed
- Serve as liaison between students and the mental health community
Active Minds at SF State is a program of Active Minds, Inc. that exists as a student-run mental health awareness and suicide prevention, education, and advocacy organization on the college campus. The group is designed to utilize peer outreach to increase student's awareness of mental health issues and symptoms of mental illness, provide information about avaliable resources, encourage students to seek help as soon as help is needed, and to serve as liaison between students and the mental health community. By promoting awareness and education, the group aims to remove the stigma that surrounds mental illness and create an open environment for discussion of mental health issues. Active Minds is committed to providing programming and outreach services to underserved and underrepresented campus communities such as culturally diverse, LGBTQ, students with disabilites, first generation college students, low income, international students, veterans, student leaders, and so on.
Active Minds is open to all members of the SF State community, students and faculty alike. They are required to register with the President and Secretary, for attendance and quorum purposes and sign up through Org Sync. Meetings are held on Thursdays from 11-12pm.
- Active Minds Member: To be considered an active member, a member must both attend at least three meetings and assist in the planning of at least one event per semester.
- Active Minds Participant: Anyone registered, but not an active member is considered an Active Minds Participant and will be kept on the listserve to be notified via email of upcoming events.
Contact: Active Minds Officers
Contact: Jul Custodio, Active Minds Advisor, Mental Health Educator at Health Promotion & Wellness