When does Therapy Animals happen?
Check out our Therapy Animals website for specific locations, dates, and times.
Where can I get free birth control/safe sex supplies?
You can get free birth control and safer sex supplies at the following places:
- HPW Office
- Condom Dispenser in Cesar Chavez Conference Center Lower Level
- Condom Dispenser in Mashouf Wellness Center
- Condom Request Form for Student Orgs or RAs
- Student Health Services
Does HPW provide one-on-one counseling or therapy?
Unfortunately, HPW does not offer one on one counseling or therapy for mental health. We recommend you make an appointment with Counseling and Psychological Services.
I think someone is having an alcohol emergency. What do I do?
If someone has been drinking, you can tell something is wrong if they are:
- Breathing irregularly
- Cool or clammy to the touch
- Not waking up while vomiting
- Unusually pale or bluish
If you think someone has alcohol poisoning, call 911 immediately. Lay them on their side in a fetal position, and stay with them until the emergency personnel arrive. Do not worry about legal ramifications – your friend’s life may depend on your quick response.
What is the Good Samaritan Rule?
If you are under the age of 21 and are calling for yourself or someone else that is in need of medical attention because of an alcohol, or other drug emergency, you are covered under 911 lifeline legislation. For this to apply the following must be true:
- If you are under the age of 21
- Call 911 for yourself or another person in need of medical assistance
- First to make 911 report
- Stay until help arrives
- Cooperate with emergency personnel
How do I know where to go for Sexual Violence education and/or report?