Our Ambassador Program will continue during Fall 2020's virtual instruction. We are planning on some new exciting ideas to implement if we have to continue to be virtual. Ambassadors will still be able to meet new people, gain new skills, and build their resume.
The Ambassador Program is a volunteer program that provides opportunities for SF State students to be involved in health and wellness activities on campus and requires a minimum of four hours per month for one semester.
Can't get enough of the HPW Ambassador Program, but want more of a leadership role?
Join HPW's Lead Ambassador program! This is an advanced volunteer program where students volunteer a minimum of eight hours per month for one semester, plan and manage program activities with a health educator and train new Ambassadors.
What you'll get out of it:
- Resume building
- Health Promotion & Wellness Ambassador Certification
- Volunteer hours
- Becoming a campus lead
Examples of types of activities ambassadors would do:
- Assist with HPW workshops (monitor the Zoom chat, moderate Instagram live stream, and etc.)
- Lead HPW Office Tours (Answer questions about HPW services and inform students about health & wellness resources)
- Lead Virtual Tabling for different health topics at HPW
- Participate in the Ambassador Spotlight activity
- Attend HPW workshops and workshops from campus partners
- Participate in our Social Media Campaigns
- DIY Volunteer Activities
- More activities to come during the semester!
Prerequisites for joining:
- SF State student
- Attend one mandatory training prior to the start of the semester
- Previous Ambassador (only for Lead Ambassador positions)
Upcoming Information Sessions:
Want to get more involved on campus? Gain new skills? Love health & wellness? Join Health Promotion & Wellness’ Ambassador Program! Learn more at an information session:
Check back in October 2020