Due to the shift to virtual instruction and our commitment to social distancing starting on Tuesday, March 17th, Health Promotion & Wellness will be shifting to virtual programming. Please stay tuned for updates on our new virtual programs and activities. We will still be working to promote the health and well-being of SF State Students.
Our physical office is closed, but we are open virtually. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-338-1203. Check out our staff page for individual contact information.
COVID-19 Prevention Methods
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Wear a mask
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily such as tables, door knows, light switches, countertops, cell phones, laptops, sinks, and faucets.
- Practice social distancing (Work from home if possible, visit loved ones by electronic devices, cancel large get-togethers)
For more information on how to protect yourself or facts about COVID-19, visit the CDC's website.
Health Promotion & Wellness is a unit within Student Affairs & Enrollment Management that provides health education and actively promotes a culture of wellness. We create opportunities for students to enact healthy behaviors through advocacy, campaigns, programming, events, workshops, and peer health leadership programs.
Our focus areas include alcohol, tobacco and other drugs, basic needs, men's health, mental health, nutrition, sexual health, and sexual violence prevention.
We work to achieve health equity and enhance academic, personal, and professional success for all members of the campus community.