Health Promotion & Wellness (HPW) aims to provide San Francisco State students with the tools and resources to become aware of and make choices toward a healthy, successful, and fulfilling life through peer education, project development, advocacy, and support. We offer multiple ways for students to get involved based on interest and time commitment. See below for more information.
We are currently recruiting a student assistant for the 2019-2020 academic year. This is a paid ($15/hour) and part-time (15 hours/week) position. This position requires a one academic year commitment. Please a cover letter and resume to Martha Mellblom at email@example.com.
We are looking for a mature student to assist HPW staff members with office related work. The Student Assistant role may include responsibilities such as printing, proofreading, communicating with students and staff. To be successful as a Student Assistant you should be organized and responsible. A good Student Assistant will work well under pressure and be able to multitask.
Responsibilities for Student Assistant include, but not limited to:
- Perform administrative tasks required by HPW staff
- Liaise with students and staff on behalf of the supervising staff member
- Front Desk, welcome students, staff and faculty
- Ordering Supplies and assist with catering orders
- Completing Forms, spreadsheets and tracking documents
- Assist with inquiries and provide support related to online sexual violence education program
- Open to all Undergraduate & Graduate students
- Commit to the entire academic year
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to thoughtfully receive supervision and feedback
- Strong writing skills
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to think creatively
- Mature and responsible
- Able to manage stress and remain professional under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A minimum GPR/GPA ranging from 2.0 - 2.5 is required (prior semester if applicable, and cumulative) and verified through Student Records.
- Be currently enrolled as a student at SF State.
- Be currently free of any academic or disciplinary probation as set forth by the Code of Student Conduct and the SF State Bulletin Academic Standards.
- Must be available for all trainings, meetings, workshops or programs established by the department
- Interest and basic knowledge around topics in health and wellness
- Work experience with diverse populations
- Previous administrative experience would be advantageous.
- Experience or interest in health and wellness topics preferred
- Ambassador Program (volunteer)
- Internship Program (paid)
- BREATHE Advocate- Support students on campus by spreading the word about resources for support on tobacco, nicotine and cannabis products.