HPW's Ambassador Program is a volunteer program that provides opportunities for SF State students to be peer health leaders with a minimum of 4 hours per month for one semester.
Can't get enough of the HPW Ambassador Program, but want more of a leadership role?
Join HPW's Lead Ambassador program! Students will volunteer a minimum of 6 hours per month for one semester, plan and manage program activities with a health educator and train new Ambassadors.
Ambassadors and Lead Ambassadors work on HPW projects and events for the following program areas:
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
- Basic Needs
- Men’s Health
- Mental Health
- Sexual Health
- Sexual Violence Prevention
What you'll get out of it:
- Resume building
- Health Promotion & Wellness Ambassador Certification
- Volunteer hours
- Becoming a campus leader
Examples of types of activities ambassadors would do:
- Assisting with Therapy Dog Tuesday
- Making classroom announcements
- Conducting outreach at events for HPW – engaging students in conversations, games, etc.
- Taking the Condom Caboose out to students
- Conducting outreach at the Farmer’s Market
- Assisting with the Pop-Up Food Pantry
Prerequisites for joining:
- SF State student
- Attend one mandatory training prior to the start of the semester
- Previous Ambassador (only for Lead Ambassador positions)
Check back in April 2019 for the Fall 2019 HPW Ambassador Application!