Talking to a mental health provider can be helpful when you need support. Professionals, like doctors, counselors, or psychiatrists, can make recommendations for managing and treating stress, depression, anxiety, and other self-care practices.
- They offer individual and group counseling and support
- To schedule an appointment, call (415) 338-2208 or stop by Student Services Building Room 208
- They offer Group Therapy for Depression. Call for group times and to set up a meeting with the facilitator.
- They can connect you to someone for support.
- To schedule an appointment, call (415) 338-1719, login to myHealth, or stop by Student Health Services (located between the Ethnic Studies & Psychology and the Student Services buildings).
- They provide free individual, couple, or group counseling to registered SF State students during the academic year.
- The clinic is staffed by second year trainees from the masters program in the Department on Counseling, and supervised by licensed clinical counselors form Counseling & Psychological Services.
- To schedule an appointment, call (415) 338-1024
- They offer low-fee individual, couple, family, and group therapy.
- The clinic is staffed by clinical psychology graduate students who are supervised by licensed clinicians.
- To schedule an appointment, call (415) 338-2856
There are many resources in San Francisco and the Bay Area to assist you with immediate and long term support.
- Help Line: (415) 905-NAMI (6264)
- Support Groups
- Peer-to-Peer Classes
- Support for family and friends
- Offers sliding scale therapy in San Francisco
- Call (415) 952-0290 for a free consultation
- Find services in Oakland, Berkeley, and Albany.
- Animals on Campus Q&A
- JED Foundation - Help a Friend in Need
- How do you tell if you or a friend might need some help?
- Self Care Questionnaire and Contract
For a longer list of resources, visit the Counseling & Psychological Services Resources page.