- SFSU Student Health Services: All SF State students currently enrolled will have access to free health care services provided through your student enrollment and paid through your Student Health Fee.
- Women’s Center: Free pads and tampons are available. Visit their library offers a variety of books about women’s politics, organizing, and lived experiences.
- Queer Trans Resource Center: LGBTQAI resource center and safe space. Check out their page for upcoming events and group activities.
- Education and Referral Organization for Sexuality: EROS offers free safer sex materials, resource referrals, and a variety of events aimed at promoting a sex-positive, inclusive environment for students.
- Counseling and Psychological Services: One-on-one, couples, and/or group counseling for SF State students.
- The SAFE Place: Provides crisis intervention, advocacy, and confidential support for survivors dealing with past or present incidents of sexual assault, dating or domestic violence, sexual harassment, and stalking.
A list of San Francisco Clinics that accepts Medi-Cal and Family PACT programs who are providing free services to youths, young adults and individuals.
- Planned Parenthood: Provide STI/STD testing, birth control, abortion services, pregnancy services, safer sex supplies, and emergency contraception.
- Haight Ashbury Free Clinics: Provide primary medical care, blood work, psychiatric services, and women’s, geriatric, and behavioral health care.
- San Francisco Free Clinic: Provide primary care, stress management, and information and support about health insurance services available.
- Clinic By the Bay: Heath care services and options for uninsured patients who do not qualify for Medi-Cal or Medicare. Primary care, preventative care, and wellness screenings offered.
- Lyon-Martin Health Services: Provides health care for bisexual women, trans persons, and heterosexual women. All services are available regardless of ability to pay.
LGBTQAI+ Community Centers & Organizations
- San Francisco LGBT Center: Offer free career counseling, social activities, computer lab, youth meals, daycare, and more. The center is dedicated to serving LGBT communities.
- Parents and Friends of Lesbian and Gays: PFLAG provides LGBTQ advocacy and support. Visit their website to find a chapter near you!
- AGUILAS: Dedicated to creating a supportive, culturally sensitive environment for gay and bisexual Latinx.
- Gay Asian Pacific Alliance: GAPA works to address social, political, and cultural issues affecting gay and bisexual Asian and Pacific Islanders.
- VPM Mentor: Staying safe online is important for your mental and physical health.
Domestic and Community Violence
- Community United Against Violence: CUAV support the healing and leadership of those impacted by abuse and work to build the power of GBTQ communities to transform violence and oppression.
- Love is Respect: Work to engage, educate, and empower young people to prevent and end abusive relationships. Free and confidential phone, live chat, and texting services for those with questions about and/or who are experiencing abuse.
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network): Operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline (free & confidential), and carry out programs to prevent sexual violence, help survivors, and ensure perpetrators are brought to justice.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: Free confidential online chat and phone support for those in domestic violence situations. Check their resource list of state and national domestic violence services and organizations.