- Student Health Services: All SF State students currently enrolled will have access to free health care services provided through your student enrollment and paid through your Student Health Fee. Appointments can be made online or by phone. Virtual appointments are available.
- Women’s Center: Safe place for womxn of any and all backgrounds. Service include resources for survivors of assault, domestic violence, & housing insecurity, library, free pads 7 tampons, and breastfeeding/pumping zone.
- Queer Trans Resource Center:: LGBTQAI resource center and safe space. Check out their page for upcoming workshops, support groups, their lending library, and internship and volunteer opportunities.
- Education and Referral Organization for Sexuality: EROS offers free safer sex materials, resource referrals, and a variety of events aimed at promoting a sex-positive, inclusive environment for students, and to support LGBTQAI+ students.
- Counseling & Psychological Services: CAPS offers one-on-one, couples, and/or group counseling for SF State students. Virtual appointments are available.
- The SAFE Place: Provides crisis intervention, advocacy, and confidential support for survivors dealing with past or present incidents of sexual assault, dating or domestic violence, sexual harassment, and stalking.
Please note some services may be altered or suspended in order to comply with COVID-19 health and safety guidelines.
- Planned Parenthood: Provide STI/STD testing, birth control, abortion services, pregnancy services, safer sex supplies, and emergency contraception. Online appointments are available.
- Haight Ashbury Free Clinics: Provide primary medical care, blood work, psychiatric services, and women’s, geriatric, and behavioral health care.
- San Francisco Free Clinic: Provide primary care, stress management, and information and support about health insurance services available.
- San Francisco City Clinic: STI treatment & testing, HIV prevention & care, women’s health, and LGBTQ health services. Must call for appointments at 415-487-5500.
- Clinic By the Bay: Heath care services and options for uninsured patients who do not qualify for Medi-Cal or Medicare. Primary care, preventative care, and wellness screenings offered.
- Lyon-Martin Health Services: Provides health care for bisexual women, trans persons, and heterosexual women. All services are available regardless of ability to pay.
- STRUT: STI and HIV testing, PrEP navigation and assistance, substance use counseling, and other sexual health services. Due to COVID-19 safety guidelines, please call 415-581-1600 for clinical service appointments and information.
LGBTQAI+ Community Centers & Organizations
- San Francisco LGBT Center: The center is dedicated to serving LGBT communities by offering free career counseling, social activities, computer lab, youth meals, daycare, and more.
- LYRIC: Center for LGBTQQ+ Youth offers housing navigation, PrEP & HIV information & prevention, one-on-one support, and leadership & internship opportunities.
- Parents and Friends of Lesbian and Gays: PFLAG provides LGBTQ advocacy and support. Visit their website for more information about chapters near you!
- AGUILAS: Dedicated to creating a supportive, culturally sensitive environment for gay and bisexual Latinx.
- Gay Asian Pacific Alliance: GAPA works to address social, political, and cultural issues affecting gay and bisexual Asian and Pacific Islanders.
- VPM Mentor: Staying safe online is important for your mental and physical health.
Domestic and Community Violence
- Community United Against Violence: CUAV supports the healing and leadership of those impacted by abuse and works to build the power of LGBTQ communities to transform violence and oppression.
- Love is Respect: Work to engage, educate, and empower young people to prevent and end abusive relationships. Free and confidential phone, live chat, and texting services for those with questions about and/or who are experiencing abuse.
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network): Operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline (free and confidential), and carries out programs to prevent sexual violence, help survivors, and ensure perpetrators are brought to justice.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: Free confidential online chat and phone support for those in domestic violence situations. Check their resource list of state and national domestic violence services and organizations.